Thread: AMD GVR and Nvidia Shadowplay are now the recorders of choice

AMD GVR and Nvidia Shadowplay are now the recorders of choice

I have done some research on recorders and AMD and NVidia GPU recorders are the best

The AMD GPU recorder is called GVR, its free with the GPU hardware, it records all sounds (including your voice on mic) and has a 3-9% reduction on in-game FPS
    The Nvidia GPU recorder is called shadowplay, its free with the GPU hardware, it records all sounds (including your voice on mic) and has a 2% reduction on in-game FPS

Fraps and Playclaw, used to be the best recorders. They are paid for applications that are separate from the GPU. Fraps and Playclaw have a 30-50% reduction on in-game FPS. These two recorders may have been dominant in the market around 2012 but they have been totally superseded by the GPU recorders.

Very good in depth article on this
    FPS Benchmark: NVidia ShadowPlay vs. AMD GVR vs. FRAPS | Gamers Nexus - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks

Re: AMD GVR and Nvidia Shadowplay are now the recorders of choice

I used DXtory for quite some time, but after getting a GTX670 a year ago, it is just a lot easier to use Shadowplay. The convenience of pressing a button to save a good moment is very nice, instead of the "Now I start recording and playing". DXtory still looks a bit better to me, but the files are HUGE!

One annoying thing though about Shadowplay: in DXtory I could split the sound into different channels. Have mumble speak in one channel and in-game voice in another etc. At the moment I'm using in-game push to talk with Shadowplay (with the old school "V")
    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" - H.P. Lovecraft

Re: AMD GVR and Nvidia Shadowplay are now the recorders of choice

I've set it to alt. But yes, you can't record ingame and TeamSpeak/mumble at same time (being as 2 seperate buttons).