PDA

View Full Version : How to join friends

lobodelrio
21.10.2016, 08:53
Hi girls and guys,

just had a first look on BF1. Found out the hard way, not being in an awesome S7 Squad is soooo tiresome and I can achieve little so far. Thing is, Iīm to blind to spot how to join a friend whoīs already playing. I can chat to him in origin or talk to him on discord and ask him to join my squad before rejoining a new game, so far so good. But shouldnīt there be an option just to join ones who already play? Does the player playing have to invite others in his squad, because thatīs what I would try next... . If that is so, maybe the first one playing should preemptively open a squad so others can join.

Thx for the help
One wide eyed stupid lobo :icon_redface:

Medic
21.10.2016, 12:45
I know there was a bar to the right, but can't remember if you could join from there. Some things have gone realy backwards with these games. Remindes me how easy 2142 is with the buddylist.

Xianz7
21.10.2016, 14:21
From what I remember it was something like this.

From origin:

[Origin]-> list friends -> right-click on friend -> [join game]

From game:

[List friends] -> click the menu button |...| -> [join]

lobodelrio
21.10.2016, 16:37
Thx guys, seems to look right, will try later :)

lobodelrio
22.10.2016, 09:16
Yesterday seemed to be some kind of login trouble, so I could not join. However, I found out that I can join some of you like Xianz, while others like masters donīt show that option. I guess there is some privacy setting that can stop friends from joining or am I wrong there?

Hablos
22.10.2016, 11:44
There was similar issues in the Beta as well. We couldn't think of any logical reason for it back then if I remember correctly.

Jazy2
22.10.2016, 15:01
It's quite simple.....download 2142 and play that

Message sent by carrier pigeon

Medic
22.10.2016, 15:11
Add us as buddy. Click the arrow and you can join that person on the right server. How hard can it be right.:S

Hablos
22.10.2016, 16:52
Add us as buddy. Click the arrow and you can join that person on the right server. How hard can it be right.:S

I think that didn't work in the beta 100%. Usually yes, but sometimes I didn't show people playing even though they were. :/

Medic
22.10.2016, 19:28
I think that didn't work in the beta 100%. Usually yes, but sometimes I didn't show people playing even though they were. :/

This was a follow up on jazy's post. :D

Hablos
22.10.2016, 20:22
...:S

l3illY
24.10.2016, 19:43
Yesterday seemed to be some kind of login trouble, so I could not join. However, I found out that I can join some of you like Xianz, while others like masters donīt show that option. I guess there is some privacy setting that can stop friends from joining or am I wrong there?

The servers were down Friday because of the DDoS attack. I have had the same issues with the in-game friends list though. Sometimes it gives you a "join" choice next to your friends and other times it doesn't. Both myself and Masteshome had issues with this when trying to play together on Thursday.

lobodelrio
05.11.2016, 09:51
hmmm I still canīt join 90% off the friends. Its acutally very rare to see a join triangle for me, so Iīve had times when like 3 S7 guys (yesterday billy, fin and me) would play seperatly. I invited to squad, but I think its hard to notice it in game. Kinda sucks beeing in a great platoon and playing alone. Where are the platoon tags anyway? Hope this improves as the game develops.

Xianz7
05.11.2016, 10:48
The triangle most likely does not show up because the squad is full. Try joining from origin, it will put you in-game and automatically join the squad when a slot is free (you won't be able to join other squads while waiting for this, though).

FINArsi
05.11.2016, 10:57
Seems like it works from Origin like xianz said but for me the loading takes longer if I join thru it. And that would explain why I couldnt join any squads. Thanks for the info xianz.

Sent from my Samsung S7

lobodelrio
05.11.2016, 19:59
Will try, thx for the tip

draeh
06.11.2016, 01:59
Hey gents!

I found that the bar on the right will only show the play button if the server the friend is on is not full.

If you want to sit in the join queue, alt-tab out of BF1 and press the join button on the Origin friends list (from the app). BF1 will then perform the friend join and leave you sitting in the server queue.

I hope DICE fixes the in-game friends list.

Buckfastbill
10.11.2016, 01:58
Please add me to your Origin > Buckfastbill. I need to ream up with you guys.

Jazy2
10.11.2016, 09:52
Unfortunate typos for the win

lobodelrio
10.11.2016, 14:16
still better than cream :)

Medic
10.11.2016, 17:41
Please add me to your Origin > Buckfastbill. I need to team up with you guys.

Will try to, but there is a big limitation to origin. That is the 100 friends limit. Like you never get more. :D

l3illY
11.11.2016, 21:32
Please add me to your Origin > Buckfastbill. I need to ream up with you guys.

Done.